Мурманский Рыболовный Портал против свободной продажи сетей!

Хронология SAGE

Все об удилищах, катушках, шнурах, подлесках, поводках...

Хронология SAGE

Сообщение Урман » 29 апр 2015, 23:51

Вот нарыл на просторах интернета хронология SAGE (извините без перевода)(Google переведет все) :-): :

Some SAGE Chronology...
We've stolen this from a post by Peter Morse off the FlyLife forum. The information was supplied to him by Bintoro. We have no idea where he got it from and so we both thank & apologise to the author unknown in advance. It is really good info!
Sage Fly Rods Chronicles
GFL 1980-1987 Stood for Graphite Fly Rod. Used alone and in conjunction with other model names for years. Not really considered a model name.
SFL 1981-1983
SFS 1983
LL 1982-1985 Traditional Action 2-5 Weight (LL = Light Line) Graphite II
RP 1983-1993 Reserve Power for long casts Graphite II 2 Handed 1984
DS 1986-1998 Discovery Series - moderate action replaced the RP
LL+ 1987-1999 Traditional Action 2-5 Weight (LL=Light line) Graphite III version
MA 1988-1989 Medium Action Entry level un-sanded grey rod with simple hardware
EC 1988
RPL 1989-1997 Graphite III RPL Reserve Performance Light
RPLX 1989-1997 Saltwater 8-12 Weight
YOUTH 1991-1997
SP 1993-2001 Generation IV Graphite with Durascrim
SP+ 1993-2001 Generation IV Graphite with Durascrim
RPL+ 1996-2000 Would be considered moderately fast by today’s rod.
SPL 1998-2001 "Best of show" new rods* Gen III
SPL CA 1998-2001
RPLXi 1998-2003 Revised and improved saltwater* Gen III
VPS 1998-2005 Replacement for the RPL Back to Gen III
DS2 1999-2004 Lower Price point Graphite II or Graphite III. Not even close to sure about the year
SPIN 1998-2010
XP 2000-2006 Lighter narrower tapered Fast Action Gen IIIe
VPS LT 2001-2005 Replacement for the LL Gen III with lesser components
SLT 2002-2007 Medium Fast Action Gen IIIe
SLT CA 2002-2003
LE 2003-2004 Entry Price Point Rod
TCR 2003-2008 Ultra fast action for experienced Casters
Xi2 2004-2009 New Saltwater rod was first with new Generation 5 (G5) Technology
FLi 2005-2008 Value rod with G5 technology
LAUNCH 2005-2009 Entry Level smooth progressive power curve and very high strength to weight ratio* G5
TXL 2005-2010 Near weightless for light lines G5
VT2 2006-2010 Mid price point upgrade to long running VPS
Z -Axis 2007-2011 2 Handed current Ultimate Fast Action Rod coupled with tremendous feel (2 piece, 4 piece, Spey and Switch)
BASS 2008-2011 Finally released after years of development and even showed up on magazine covers with Snook, Baby Tarpon and Pike.
ZXL 2008-current ZXL easy and relaxed like the classic/medium action rods cousin to the Z-Axis in weights 3-6.
TCX 2009-current Replacement for TCR but fitting a wider range of casting styles (kryptonite green).
Flight 2009-current Great features and a great price.
Vantage 2010-current Medium Fast value rod
Xi3 2010-current Salt Water Replacement for Xi2
99 2010-current Nymph angler 9'9" with unique taper to make open loops.
TXL-F 2011-current TXL-F Light Line Ultra lightweight.
2011-current Ultra high speed line and slender shaft beginner to experienced.
BASS II 2012-current Upgraded for faster line speeds for big flies still
good for Bass, Snook, or Tarpon, Pike and Musky.
ESN 2012-current Designed for European Style Nymphing with multiple flies.
ONE 2012-current Flagship "all-around" rod Fast Action, replacement of the Z-Axis.
Approach 2013-current Entry level medium-fast action that provides excellent line feel and control.
Response 2013-current Smooth casting, fast-action rods.
ONE Elite 2013-current Upgrade version of ONE with premium Titanium hardware.
NOTES:
• That GFL was a blank designation that meant Graphite Fly Rod and all blanks were GFL perhaps even unto today.
• A rod that is missing from the list was only around for a short while. It was the MA series or Medium Action and was only available in a few models. It utilized an unsanded gray blank, and very simple hardware. It was basically an entry level rod
that came in at around $125.00 mark. If memory serves, it was out near the end of the RP’s reign or possibly early in the RPL's time..
Then there is one mentioned here. It’s an early Graphite I series and it has no series designation. From memory, it predates the RP. For those that don’t know, the letter “B” that follows the word Graphite simply designates that it was produced to be sold
as a Blank and not a factory finished rod. This particular blank was rescued from a closeout bin at Pete Wooley’s old shop, Fly Fishing Outfitters ( Now known as Leland’s, a sponsor here. ) in San Francisco, CA in 1985 and was built and fished for a few years. It’s currently slated for a rebuilt, whenever I get around to it. Although I’ve been saying that now for quite a few years.
• The RP (Gen II Graphite) was the first "model," in the Sage Rods circa 1980 or soon after followed in or around 83 or soon after by the RPL or (Gen III Graphite) The LLs came along in or around 85 with the RPLX following in 86 and both were Gen III
Graphite. Some time following these or perhaps the same year the RPL+ came out and then in 1994 the SP series hit the market followed by the SP+ in about a year.
These were the highest modulous rods yet and built with Gen IV graphite and a new material called Durascrim.
• In 97 they dropped back to Gen III I believe and the VPS, the SPL and the RPLXi came out and then in 99 the XP.
On a side note the Gen IV super fast modulus graphite was the highest modulous rod since Fenwick intro'd the Iron Feather and as best I recall both were a Don Green design as he'd come to Sage in 79/80 from Fenwick/Grizzly.
• Just a couple of observations, the XP and the SLT did "drop back" to GIII technology but the graphite is GIIIe. I'm assuming the "e" has some significance for point of discussion, especially since it replaced the GIV and the only line of rods that
incorporated Durascrim. I personally don't know what it means.
• The LL rods were also rolled with GIII blanks but I don't know when they switched from GII to GIII.
There were two different Sage LL series releases. The first was out somewhere during the run of the graphite II RP and its blank stated that it was graphite II. The second was introduced during the run of the graphite III RPL ( Reserve Power Light )
and it’s blank also stated it was graphite III. If you had both generations of LL’s say in a nine foot, five weight configuration you’d be able to notice the butt diameter difference foreword of the cork ( The G II versions butt would be thicker ). The action of
the graphite II LL was stiffer than it’s successor and the G II's were heavier. Actually, there were three LL series of rods, if we include the re-release of select models ( I think the 389-3 or 389-4 was one of them ) of the G III's that were produced as a
special run some years after the G III's were discontinued.
But then if we include those LL's, we might as well say that there were two XP series', since a special run of limited models were produced for two retailers (One being Cabela's, a sponsor here), well after the original XP's had been discontinued from the Sage line-up.
• The VPS and the VPS Light were added to the discussion. My understanding of the VPS Light is that it was built with the same taper and design as the GIII LL rods, with lesser components. So yes, it is a "lower end" rod, so to speak, the description of the
action would be moderate. I'm not sure on the straight VPS.
• In 2002 the SLT and TCR, and 2004 Xi2 were the first rods using G5 Gen5 Graphite technology. 2005 brough the TXL, Launch and the the Fli rods all G5 rods. 2006 brought the VT2 replacing the VPS not mentioned above but which came out in the
late 90s. 2007 Z Axis. 2008 Bass Series and the ZXL. 2009 the TCX.
• "Generation 5 Technology" refers to a mysterious proprietary process Sage developed to maximize alignment of the individual carbon fibers along the axis of the blank. Further, they maintain, they can insert graphite of differing modulus in different
sections of the blank as strength improving and flexural profile effecting attributes while maintaining this optimal alignment. At least this is how I understood what was explained to me but my training is not in material sciences or engineering. I can say,
however, that from Z-Axis forward, Sage has achieved substantial improvments in rod communication regarding line-feel and super smooth taper transitions. They are doing something right.
POSTSCRIPT.
The question was raised - are the new rods better than the older best-of-class in their day rods? It is not to say that RPL or SP were not terrific rods but using Sage, Scott, G.Loomis, Orvis and T&T as examples, the answer is, Yes. Nothing is uniform though and a counterpoint might be that earlier Winstons were better designed and crafted than the current versions and, also with a change in ownership, Diamondbacks deteriorated then...dissapeared.
So it is not just aerospace industrial material innovation but old fashioned rod design and "heart" that go into producing the finest fly rods.
Урман

Благодарил (а): 29 раз.
Техника: УАЗ-3151 Вояка
телефон: 9113110040

Объявления

Вернуться в Нахлыстовая снасть